(This is a retyping of the original)
(These Covenants are part of the deed to all property located within Lynwood Lakes Estates)
Guilford County Restrictive Covenants
Know all men by these presents that the undersigned home owners do hereby covenant and agree that the following described real property located in Fentress Township, Guilford County, North Carolina. As hereby described shall be and is hereby subject to the following restrictive covenants running with the land as to the use thereof and by whomsoever owned. Said real property being restricted being more particularly described as follows:
Lynwood Lakes Estates subdivision, section 1, plat book 27, page 69; section 2, plat book 27, page 70; section 3, plat book 28, page 92: section 4, map 1, plat book 29, page 79; section 4, map 2, plat book 29, page 80; section 5, plat book 31, page 70; and section 6, plat book 34, page 28, in the office of the register of deeds of Guilford County, North Carolina.
The restrictive covenants hereby imposed and running with the land are as follows. These restrictions do not apply to lot 8.
- Said property shall be used for residential purposes only except that this restriction shall not prohibit the use of said property for the erection of churches and schools.
- Said property shall not be re-subdivided into lots having a frontage less than the frontage of said lots as shown on the recorded plat..
- Said property shall not be used for business, manufacturing or commercial purposes, nor shall any animals or fowls shall be kept or allowed to remain on property for commercial purposes, and no animals other than household pets shall be kept or allowed to remain on property for any purpose, nor shall anything be done on said property which is a nuisance or annoyance to the community.
- No dwelling shall be erected or allowed to remain on said property if the ground floor area of the main structure exclusive of one-story open porches and garages shall be less than 1400 square feet in the case of a one story structure or less than 1200 square feet in the case of a one and one-half or two-story structure.
- No building of any kind shall be erected or allowed to remain on said property unless the plans and specifications therefore shall meet the then current minimum federal housing administration building requirements, and no residence of a temporary character shall be erected or allowed to remain on said property, and no trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other outbuilding erected on said property shall be used as a residence either permanently or temporarily.
- All residences erected on said property shall be connected with a sanitary sewer if any there be any in the streets abutting the front of said lots. In the event sanitary sewers are not available, said buildings shall be connected with septic tanks installed in accordance with the specifications of the Guilford County Board of Health or other authority having jurisdiction and in no event shall any outdoor toilets or other outdoor sanitary facilities be erected or allowed to remain on any of said lots.
- No building shall be erected or allowed to remain on any of said lots closer to the property line of the streets abutting said lot than the building line shown on the recorded map; and from the front property line to a depth of 15 feet beyond the rear line of the main building, there shall be kept open a side yard along each side of said lots and the minimum width of any such side yards shall not be less than 10% of the minimum width of the lot provided that screened or open porches and carports may be erected within 3 feet of any side lot line and provided further that the front building line provided shall not apply to steps or stoops in any event or to unenclosed porches which do not project more than 5 feet beyond the same; provided further that minor violations of the restrictions contained in this paragraph may be waived in whole or in part at any time by an agreement executed by the owners of the adjoining lots affected thereby.
- The invalidation of any one or more of the foregoing covenants and restrictions by judgment, court order, or otherwise shall not in any way affect any of the other covenants and restrictions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- The original deeds from the developer of this subdivision provided for an extension, by recorded instrument signed by a majority of lot owners, of the restrictions set forth in the deeds from the developer. It is the intent of this instrument to renew and extend original deed restrictions number 1 through number 7, in order to bind all lot owners not signing this instrument. The length and duration of said extension shall be the same as and governed by number 10 set forth below.
- The covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding on all parties and all persons claiming under them for a period of twenty-five years from the date these covenants are recorded, after which time said covenants shall automatically be extended for successive periods of ten (10) years unless an instrument signed by a two-thirds majority of the then owners of the lots has been recorded, agreeing to change said covenants in whole or in part.
In witness whereof, the undersigned lot owners have hereunto set their hands and seals, or if corporate, have caused this instrument to be signed in its corporate name by its duly authorized officers and its seal to be hereunto affixed by authority of its board of directors, this the 14th day of May, 1988.
|Coley V. Cox
James Bullock, Jr.
Clement Vance, Jr.
G. Allen Wilson
7 other signatures whose names could not be read from the photocopy. Please note that this is a re-typing and may differ from the original.